Assistant Secretary General for Political Affairs and Security Policy since 2016.
Member of the Diplomatic Corps since 1987.
- Since January 2012: Secretary General for Defence Policy (Ministry of Defence)
- 2009/2011: Ambassador of Spain to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2007/09: Deputy Director for International Economic Relations with Developing Countries (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation)
- 2004/07: Consul General of Spain in Shanghai (China)
- 2002/04: Deputy Director of Asia for Political Affairs (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation)
- 2000/02: Director of the Cabinet of the Secretary of State for Security (Ministry of the Interior)
- Other assignments in Geneva, Havana, Cairo and Central America.
- Abundant articles, conferences and lectures in different universities.
Political Sciences (Madrid Complutense University)